This Lent on our blog we are highlighting the voices of our clergy! Each author of this year’s “40 Days with FOCUS” blog series have first-hand experience praying, giving, and serving with FOCUS.
We are so thankful to be a part of the greater Orthodox Christian community, and cant wait to share a part of this community with you!
A handful of clergy members who have been involved with FOCUS over the years are sharing their thoughts on the following question:
How does prayer, fasting, and alms-giving during Lent relate to our calling to serve the “least of these?”
Check our blog every Friday for their reflections!
Looking for more? You can also check out last year’s 40 Days with FOCUS posts that feature the voices of our Directors as they reflect on each Lenten Sunday.
40 Days with FOCUS Blog Archive:
- Do Our Relationships Offend Divine Love? – Forgiveness Sunday
- Who Are We Serving? – Sunday of Orthodoxy
- Do Not Hesitate – St. Gregory of Palamas Sunday
- To Die Before You Die – Veneration of the Cross
- Climbing at Our Neighbors Side – Saint John Climacus Sunday
- A Lifetime of Repentance – St. Mary of Egypt Sunday
FOCUS North America exists to support the growth of Orthodox Christian service efforts by providing engagement opportunities that reveal Christ in our neighbor and serve community needs within our five ministry areas of Food, Occupation, Clothing, Understanding, and Shelter.
Join our mission of engaging in Christ’s call to serve today!