Job Title: Receptionist & Office Assistant
Location: Carnegie, PA
Reports to: Executive Director & Summer Feeding Program Operations Manager
FOCUS North America is a faith-based national organization that provides feeding, employment, housing, healthcare and educational services to the homeless and working poor in America. FOCUS has operations and programs in numerous cities across the United States. All of FOCUS North America’s services are provided without discrimination of any kind and there is no faith commitment required from anyone who receives assistance. FOCUS’ goal is to sustainably transform the lives of the homeless and working poor, moving them from dependency to self-sufficiency.
To support the daily functions of the National Office, the receptionist will be the first point of contact for the office and will provide administrative support across the organization. The receptionist will handle the flow of people through the office and ensure that all receptionist responsibilities are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. In addition, the receptionist will support program, advancement, and communications staff, with administrative responsibilities.
- Serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately
- Answer, screen and forward any incoming phone calls while providing basic information when needed
- Receive and sort daily email/mail/deliveries/couriers
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, mailing, scheduling etc.
Office Administration Responsibilities
- Administer general, day to day office functions including ordering of office supplies
- Assist with donor-specific data entry and record keeping
- Assist national program staff in completing forms and research necessary for government reimbursements
- Assist national program staff with research into state government nutrition and feeding requirements, to support FOCUS’ work in childhood hunger reduction
- Assist with basic donor stewardship (e.g. make follow up thank you telephone, calls, write thank you notes, etc.)
- Assist programs, fundraising, and communications staff with general file keeping/maintenance, purchases/orders, shipping.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in office support role, preferably at a nonprofit organization.
- Experience in completing state/federal government applications preferred but not required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Strong task management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks at once to achieve goals are essential.
Competencies: Good people skills are at the heart of this position – ability to meet/greet and speak with others regarding the work of FOCUS. Strong writing/correspondence skills are essential to this position. Strong organizational skills necessary as the incumbent will be responsible for maintaining numerous files and reports and will also be responsible for maintaining office filing systems.
Stationed in FOCUS’ Carnegie, PA headquarters, with flexible days/hours upon mutual agreement. Business casual dress. No national travel required, but may be offered to visit and learn about FOCUS’ work. FOCUS is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a professional and diverse workforce. Extensive typing/data entry on computer keyboards required.