ABOUT US: FOCUS North America is a faith-based national organization that provides employment, housing, healthcare and educational services to the homeless and working poor in America. FOCUS has operations and programs in numerous cities across the United States. All of FOCUS North America’s services are provided without discrimination of any kind and there is no faith commitment required from anyone who receives assistance. FOCUS’ goal is to sustainably transform the lives of the homeless and working poor, moving them from dependency to self-sufficiency.
ABOUT THIS ROLE: To support our mission, FOCUS seeks to hire a Director of Development. This full time position will lead fundraising success across a broad portfolio of FOCUS donors and supporters. This is a leadership position, responsible for results and for effectively leading and managing FOCUS staff, resources and assets to achieve these goals.
- Plan and execute a comprehensive advancement program that includes the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of all donors
- Develop Strategy and Fundraising Plans that will achieve growth goals and include specific approaches for the portfolio’s segments
- Manage a personal portfolio of 100 to 125 individual donor prospects.
- Manage foundation relations including research, proposal writing and stewardship.
- Lead and manage fundraising and marketing / communication staff, fundraising resources and brand assets
- Obtain approval from Executive Director (ED) for the team’s plans and initiatives, coordinate with ED during execution and support ED’s fundraising activities per ED’s plan
- Lead the organization in fundraising across broad donor classes, using traditional fundraising methods (e.g., direct mail) and newer approaches (e.g., social media)
- Ensure accuracy of donor data and fundraising metrics, and appropriately integrate information with Financial and Communications systems
- Oversee a prospect management process that supports the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, Center Directors and advancement staff.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in relevant area of study, graduate degrees preferred
- Minimum of five years professional fundraising experience with a track record of achieving results
- Experience managing a large portfolio of donors and achieving goals across the portfolio
- Experience managing other fundraising and marketing staff effectively
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage internal and external key relationships are essential
- Basic knowledge of Orthodox Christian Church doctrines and tradition
- Basic understanding of domestic social service ideologies and programs
- Proven results in traditional and emerging fundraising techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work well with a wide variety of people. Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to understand dynamics of a national organization with multiple local operations nationwide
- CFRE certification not required, but will be considered an asset.
Stationed in FOCUS’ Carnegie, PA headquarters. Significant travel required (40% or more). FOCUS is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a professional and diverse workforce. Extensive typing and computer work required.